In 30 years the number of allergies has tripled and the number of asthmatics has quadrupled to reach 25% of the population* (Sources: ANSES/OQAI).
Pollens are very common in France between March and the end of August. Each year, at the beginning of this period, the actors in the monitoring of pollens and molds such as the National Aerobiological Monitoring Network (RNSA), the Association of the Sentinel Pollinariums of France (APSF) and the Federation Atmo France grouping the Approved Associations of the quality of the air (AASQA), join together to establish a report.
Pollens that are outdoors and get into our homes are responsible for allergic reactions that affect the respiratory and ocular mucous membranes. Some people may develop other reactions such as eczema or hives. Many call it "hay fever" while referring to grass pollens and allergic asthma.
Let's focus on 4 pollens, coming from trees found in France, and causing allergic attacks :
- Ambrosia : Found mainly in the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region in France, this pollen is very aggressive and the cause of many asthma crises. These grains are small, they spread and stagnate in the atmosphere or move over great distances (August - September).
- Birch : This tree contains the allergenic pollens that impact the most allergic people. Its pollen production is very important and it is the first pollen to which we are exposed (March-April).
- Plane tree : Its pollination period is short, however the plane tree produces a large amount of pollen that spreads with the wind and affects a large number of individuals (April-May).
- Cypress : Very common around the Mediterranean sea, the cypress is the tree that creates and spreads the most pollen. Increasingly, each year, with the climate disruption, the flowering periods of these trees are made early which favors the concentrations of pollens in the air (April-May).
- Grasses : They are found in fields, forests, water, roadsides etc. and there are 9,500 different species. Although they are the basis of human nutrition (cereal species: rice, wheat and corn) grasses cause strong allergies because they produce large amounts of pollen.
Anyone who is allergic to pollens will experience any of the following symptoms : sneezing, runny nose (rhinitis), stuffy nose, itchy, irritated and watery eyes, itchy skin or palate (eczema), irritated cough.
Protect yourself from pollens and fight against allergies
According to ANSES, "we spend an average of 85% of our time in closed environments, and most of this time at home".
To limit exposure to pollens, fight against allergens and have a better comfort of life, it is advisable to employ certain practices :
- Consult a doctor or an allergologist in case of symptoms.
- Ventilate your home at least twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.
- Keep your windows closed during the day.
- Avoid drying clothes outside, otherwise pollens may stick to them.
- Avoid all outdoor sports activities to reduce your exposure to pollens.
Therefore, the natural treatment for pollen allergy that we recommend is to clean your indoor air with one of the AIR ET SANTÉ air purifiers.
The action of AIR ET SANTÉ air purifiers to reduce pollen allergy's symptoms
Indoor air, 2 to 8 times more polluted than outdoor air, contains a large number of pollutants and biological contaminants such as pollens. But, thanks to AIR ET SANTÉ air purifiers, it is now possible to remove the various harmful components from indoor air.
Thanks to its 3 medical grade filters (pre-filter, HEPA 13 filter and activated carbon filter), AIR ET SANTÉ air purifiers neutralize all the large particles as well as 99.95% of the fine particles and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) present in the indoor air.
Airborne pollens are particles ranging in size from 7 to 150 microns, so they will automatically be retained through the HEPA 13 and 14 filters which can filter fine particles down to 0.1 microns.
This way, the indoor air will be completely free of the allergens involved, and as a result, the symptoms of pollen allergy will diminish or even disappear.
Air purification represents an alternative to medical treatments for people who are allergic to pollens after a strong exposure, thanks to a natural treatment: indoor air purification by AIR ET SANTÉ.
By significantly improving people' quality of life, AIR ET SANTÉ will become an essential ally in their daily lives.
For more information on the effectiveness of AIR ET SANTÉ purifiers :